Natural talent is a topic that every creative person likes to talk about, but also secretly fears it. We fear it because there is always a tiny voice in our head that reminds us: you’re no genius. In this episode, I share with you what to do when the thought “what if I’m just mediocre” creeps up, and the steps we can take to actually realize our talent and improve our craft.
Key highlights of this episode
- Is the belief "I'm just mediocre" part of your “operating system”, even when you don’t notice it? I share the short term and long term impact this can have on our creative career and life
- Realistic steps you can take to cope with the fear of being mediocre and develop a healthy relationship with your inner self-critic
- How to start developing a healthy relationship with your inner self-critic
- I walk you through my unique colour theory metaphor on how to grow your creative career by embracing exactly who you are and dissect what are the three primary colours you need to build awareness of in your creative career
- We tend to work hard to compensate for the feeling of not being good enough. I will elaborate on why this tactic does not work in the long term.
- Self-critic is not always there to destroy you. Understanding and acknowledging it will help you be more creative.
Follow me on Instagram @bettyxcoach for more resources for creatives
My 1:1 coaching program is OPEN! I help creatives like you to grow career, practice and income by embracing exactly who you are. My clients have been able to deepen their craft, make big career moves, and make happier money without overwhelm.
Apply for my 1:1 coaching program here.
Learn more about the program at xiebetty.com/coaching